09 February 2011

Cooking with Mike, Part 1.

Ingredients:

7 or so strawberries, frozen.
Big handful of cherries, frozen.
1 banana.
1 apple.
2 or 3 handfuls of seedless grapes.
Handful of chocolate chips.
Almonds
Sunflower seeds
Yogurt
Granola



First, I take the frozen cherries and strawberries out of the freezer and put them in a bowl while I round up the rest of the ingrediedients. This gives them some time to thaw, making it slightly less likely for me to have to dig a paring knife out of my palm.



Once arranged on the table...



I start cutting up all the fruit.


Fruit thusly chopped...


...on to the nuts.


Did you really think I wouldn't need a hammer to make dinner?


Add almonds, sunflower seeds, grapes, granola, chocolate chips.






Now put however much yogurt you need in there. I don't like a soupy pile, I aim for more of a fruit slurry.


Stir that shit.


Fill your pie hole.




Repeat 5 days a week. Which five days? Be flexible - make sure you are eating other stuff on your "off days" (I am partial to hot dogs with cheese) so as to keep things interesting and your meat index above zero. Enjoy, and happy eating!

1 comment:

  1. the couch looks so very sad in that photo.

    (notice i didn't immediately point out the dreaded blanket out of alignment problem. i am making a effort to control my OCD-ness...)

    ReplyDelete