02 February 2011

Fellow Bike Racers: A (pretty decent, actually) Proposal:



As pretty much anyone reading this thing already knows, I did the Transylvania Epic last year. Anyone who knows that also knows what a pounding I took from bad luck and broken equipment. Regardless of broken bikes and bloody feet, I had such a good experience at the race I'm going back for another shot this may.

And I'm going to make it easier for you to get there.


What... How?

"I AM INTERESTED, BUT SUSPICIOUS!"

Dont worry, reluctant Yankee. I have a proposition that will benefit the both of us.

My proposition is this: I'm headed down there anyway, right? Well it's a pretty boring trip and gas is getting expensive, so why not get some company... I will drive down AND provide transport to and from remote stages in exchange for an equal split of gas money. I will even try NOT to creep you out at truck stops.

"Wow, that sounds great!"

I know, right.

GET IN THE VAN.


Here are my stipulations:

1. I will pick you up anywhere in the greater Boston area.
2. If you live farther than that, but are on the way (like, really on the way - if you live in Camden, you are out of luck. Actually, if you live in Camden, you should think of moving someplace better anyway) I can pick you up.
3. You are less creepy than me.
4. You actually HAVE money to contribute to the gas fund. (I don't mean to be suspicious, I've just been on tour a lot.)
5. I have room for three (3) people, bicycles and gear. Obviously, the more the merrier (or at least cheaper).

Questions? Concerns? Want to tell me how helpful and awesome I am?
Email is coggsci at gmail dot com.

1 comment:

  1. I am very interested in this. . . but I could use some advice as to the worth of doing this event in my case. That is, will it be 7 days of not finishing races? You probably know my fitness better than anyone, so what say you?

    <3 Joshua

    ReplyDelete