20 June 2011

Hunting for fossils is making me a pro at creating stone tools.

But sadly, not at finding plant or animal remains.

Yes, after a long hiatus, I am trying to get back on the personal blog thing.

Not sure why, really. I started this to force me to write, to get used to it again in preparation for what is going to be Round Three of Getting Myself Educated.

Lately, Im lucky if I can squeeze out a race report on the team site before a new Pope is elected.

Today we went fossil hunting. Which, as Caitlin is quick to point out, is mostly me banging on a few likely-looking rocks and her getting a sunburn. To date, I have not discovered even the lowliest of ammonites. I have, however, become adept at making stone axes.

We did see one deer, a nest of orioles, one crabby old lady and a very flat muskrat.



Behold, Phil Plait: A reasonable man.

No comments:

Post a Comment